The 2017 SAIF photo competition
The popular SAIF photo competition will again be taking place in 2017. The top 13 photos will be used to compile the 2018 SAIF calendar.
The rules of the competition are as follows:
- Entry is only to paid up SAIF members.
- A maximum of three photos may be submitted per SAIF member, of which only one can be in the top three positions. The other photos may still be selected for the calendar.
- If more than one photo is submitted, each photo must be different (not variations of the same subject).
- Any forestry related photo can be entered. The photo must have some evidence of forestry (natural or plantation) in it.
- The photo must be taken in Southern Africa.
- Previously entered photos may not be used and photos may not be older than 3 years (taken before 2015).
- During judging, very low pixel resolution photos will not be selected if they cannot be used for the calendar.
- Photos must be submitted through the branches (see contact details on the website and at the end of the SAIF newsletter).
- All photos submitted to the branches will be used for the national competition. It could occur that the winning national photo did not make the top three list of the branch.
- The SAIF reserves the right to use the photographs in their marketing material and on the SAIF website.
- The closing date for the competition is 30 September 2017.
- Judging is at a national level. Each branch will select a forestry related person that has good photographic skills. These five people will each select their top 13